Saturday 12 January 2013

Giving this a Go!

This term in university all of my friends and I decided we would take Art Methods and learn more about being artistic. After the first class, two of my friends left me to take Internet for Educators, to gain more experience with technology. As much as I'm dreading having to show off my artistic skills (or lack thereof) and I am wishing that I could switch to Internet to Educators, I am going to stick out the Art class, because I honestly believe it will be beneficial to me in the long run.

However, I am going to start blogging and hopefully learn along with my friends in Internet for Educators. Hopefully they will be willing to share their knowledge of the internet with me! I have always wanted to start a blog, but I usually start and post twice maybe and get bored. I'm going to make a goal to make at least one blog post per week. That shouldn't be so bad, and if I get really into it, I can always blog more!

So as an introduction to myself, I am a second year Education student in small city in Manitoba. I am focusing on high school, but I would also teach middle school if there was an opening. I have student taught both, and loved both experience! My main subject areas are drama and English. I have the most experience teaching English, but I also had experience teaching math to a grade 7 class. I also taught them Art, hence wanting to take an Art Methods class!

I am very passionate about teaching, and would love to get a job where I was involved with working with At-Risk Youth. That being said, I am open to teaching anywhere, as long as I am doing what I love - teaching!

So there's my first blog post. That wasn't too painful, but we'll see where things go from here!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you have decided to start your own blog. We can be blog buddies and I will definitely share all I learn from class with you. I trust you will share your "art" knowledge with me as well. As Tyler would say, welcome to the blogiverse (at least that's what I think he says).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathleen, you can be ann honorary member of the class! Welcome to blogging - I hope you can teach us about the ideas for art you are learning too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do say blogiverse and even blogosphere sometimes, but welcome all the same!
    We'd love to share what we're learning in Internet for Educators and hear all about what you're learning in Art, with pictures please :D

    ReplyDelete